Today, Cloud automation testing tools are becoming increasingly popular in the software industry.
As the organization grows and evolves, these cloud testing tools can be easily configured to meet the changing demands of the organization. Hence, enterprises can stay ahead of the curve and ensure their systems function optimally.
In addition to this, cloud automation testing tools offer various other benefits like:
- They can be integrated with multiple devices and systems to streamline testing.
- They can also automate many testing tasks, including test case creation, execution, and analysis.
Thus, cloud automation testing tools are essential to any organization’s testing strategy. By automating the testing process, organizations can:
- Reduce the time and effort required for testing,
- Improve the quality of their systems, and
- Stay ahead in this competitive market.
Top 8 Cloud Automation Testing Tools and Key Features
So, let us examine some key features of cloud automation testing tools to appreciate their growing popularity better.
Features of Cloud Testing Tools
Cloud testing tools allow users to test and evaluate their applications’ functionality, performance, and compatibility in various cloud environments. These tools are designed to help developers and testers optimize their applications for the cloud and ensure they are ready for deployment.
Some of the key attributes of cloud testing tools include:
- Scalability: Cloud testing tools allow you to quickly scale up or down your testing resources as needed without purchasing and maintaining physical hardware.
- Cost efficiency: Cloud testing tools can be more cost-effective than traditional testing methods, as you only pay for the resources you use and don’t need to invest in expensive infrastructure.
- Flexibility: Cloud testing tools offer a high degree of flexibility, allowing you to test your applications across various environments and devices, including operating systems, browser types, and device models.
- Collaboration: Many cloud testing tools include features that allow multiple team members to collaborate on testing efforts in real time, including sharing test results and debugging information.
- Integration: Cloud testing tools can often be integrated with other agencies and systems, such as continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) pipelines, to streamline your testing and deployment processes.
- Monitoring: Many cloud testing tools include monitoring and analytics capabilities, allowing you to track the performance and stability of your applications in real time and identify potential issues before they become significant problems.
- Ease of use: Many cloud testing tools are designed to be user-friendly and easy to use, with intuitive interfaces and step-by-step guides to help you get started quickly.
Let us now look at the Top 8 cloud automation testing tools you may use to release high-quality software into the market as soon as possible!
List of Top 8 Cloud Testing Tools
Cloud testing is a way of testing software applications, websites, and other types of systems in a cloud environment. This involves simulating different scenarios, such as user behaviors, network conditions, and device configurations, to ensure that the system is reliable, scalable, and performs as expected under various conditions.
There are many cloud based software testing tools available that can help organizations improve the quality and reliability of their systems. Here is the list of some of the top tools for cloud automation:
TestGrid(The first-choice OS for End-to-End Testing) is a software testing platform that helps organizations quickly and efficiently test their web and mobile applications. With a range of no-code/low-code tools for test case authoring and management, a cloud-based device and browser infrastructure, and functional and non-functional testing capabilities, TestGrid is designed to be a comprehensive and cost-effective solution for testing needs.
It also includes DevSecOps integration and test data management features. TestGrid has reportedly been used to complete over 1.9 million tests across the web and mobile applications, making it a trusted choice for many organizations.
- Has a user-friendly interface for selecting and interacting with devices and browsers.
- Has a reputation for fast performance and reliability.
- Allows you to manipulate the geo-location of the devices you are testing.
- Ability to integrate with other tools and platforms, such as Jenkins, JIRA, and Azure DevOps.
- Option to execute tests in parallel across multiple devices to improve performance
- Advanced reporting and analytics feature to help track and analyze test results.
- On-premise installation or cloud-based device and browser infrastructure for remote access.
- Full-scale API testing and mobile application testing capabilities allow for comprehensive testing of web and mobile applications.
- Rich insights and benchmarking features provide valuable performance information and eliminate the need for third-party tools.
Free trial provides 1 Parallel Test Per Month.
The other two plans start from $23 per month and $49 per month.
2. Sauce Labs
Sauce Labs is a cloud-based testing platform that allows organizations to run automated and manual tests on various browsers, operating systems, and devices. It provides multiple tools and features, including support for agile development, continuous integration, and real-time test results.
- Wide range of supported devices and operating systems.
- Supports cross-browser testing.
- API support for automation and integration with other tools.
- Detailed test results, including videos and logs.
- Currently, it does not support proxy tests.
- Accessibility (a11y) scanning is not currently available.
- Mobile app state persistence may not be possible without using real devices.
- VPC integration is currently not available.
- Test runs on real devices are not recorded.
- Response times may be slower than desired.
The price starts at
$19/ month for live testing and
$149.00/month for virtual cloud.
BrowserStack is a cloud-based testing platform that enables organizations to test their websites and applications on a wide range of browsers and devices. It offers a range of features, including support for agile development, continuous integration, and real-time test results.
- Offers access to various devices, browsers, and operating systems.
- Allows you to test your website or web application on actual devices in real-time.
- Offers customizable plans to suit the needs of different organizations, with options for live testing, automated testing, and local testing.
- Pricing may be a concern for some organizations.
- iOS crash logs are not accessible or extractable outside the platform.
- Enterprise applications may require an Enterprise plan.
- Session timeout may be short.
- Simulating the touch interface on a mobile device may take time and effort.
The paid plan starts at $199 per month for automation testing on both web and mobile.apps
4. Tricentis Tosca
Tricentis Tosca is a cloud-based testing platform that enables organizations to automate software applications and systems testing. It provides various tools and features, including support for agile development, continuous integration, and real-time test results.
- Ability to automate the testing process across multiple environments and devices.
- Easy-to-use, codeless interface for creating and executing tests.
- Supports multiple testing approaches, including exploratory, regression, and acceptance testing.
- High cost of purchase and maintenance compared to other testing tools.
- The complexity of the tool can make it difficult for non-technical users to learn and use it effectively.
- Limited support for certain technologies or platforms.
14-day Free trial available, $75 per month
TestSigma is a test automation ecosystem with the necessary components for Agile and Continuous Delivery teams. The tests can be done in parallel on a vast device cloud as well as on your local PCs on many device/OS/browser combinations and actual mobile devices. It allows you to go down to individual test conditions and determine what went wrong and why.
- Create test steps quickly by capturing user actions.
- Dynamic locator strategy that creates reliable test cases
- Multiple role management systems for where different people influence test scripts.
- Sophisticated AI system that repairs broken scripts and provides solutions to test failures.
- Expensive platform for small and mid-sized companies.
- Unclear or incomplete reports.
- Not versatile enough when it comes to integration with third-party tools.
- Hard to get consistency in test cases.
The basic plan starts at $249 per month. The pro pack starts at $349 per month.
Perfecto is a cloud-based test automation platform for creating, running, and managing automated tests for web and mobile apps. Perfecto includes cross-browser and cross-device testing, interaction with popular testing frameworks such as Selenium and Appium, and manual and automated testing support.
- Ideal test failure explanations are provided by test failure analysis.
- Save time on bug reproduction because faults can be generated simply from the IDE.
- Test complex features like biometrics, GPS, cameras, and more with automation.
- Slow response time.
- Slow software updates.
- Requires technical expertise to leverage its capabilities.
- The pricing might not suit all companies.
The price for automation and manual testing of devices and desktop browsers starts at $125 per month. For enterprise and scriptless, you need to get a quote from them.
7. AWS Device Farm
The big attraction of AWS Device Farm (formerly known as AppThwack) has always been its range of real Android and iOS devices capable of running automated tests and providing precise real-time analysis.
- Built-in testing frameworks with Espresso and Appium.
- Diversity in real devices.
- Continuous integration support.
- No Free trial or free versions are available.
- User interface is not easy.
- Needs improvement in test execution reporting.
The pricing starts at $0.17 per device minute.
For private devices and unlimited testing, the price is $200 and $250 per month, respectively.
8. Visual Studio App Centre (Xamarin Test Cloud)
Visual Studio App Center is a cloud-based app development tool that lets you create, test, deploy, and monitor iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS apps. It contains everything you need to get your app up and operating, from development through distribution.
- Provides full-resolution screenshots of each step.
- Write test cases in C# and Ruby.
- No support for manual testing.
- No network condition simulation.
- Does not support cellular network connectivity.
You can test your app on the cloud at $99 per month per device test concurrency.
Factors Impacting the Pricing Of Cloud Testing
Now that we have seen different cloud testing tools. Let us see what impacts the pricing of the tools.
We know that cloud testing is performed on applications or systems hosted on cloud computing platforms. The pricing for cloud testing can vary widely depending on the specific services and resources used, such as:
The Type Of Cloud Testing Platform Being Used
Different cloud platforms offer different pricing models and resource options. Let’s understand that
- The Type Of Testing Is Performed
Different types of testing, like performance, security, or functional testing, require different resources and have additional costs.
- The Duration Of The Testing
The longer the testing period, the more resources will be needed, and the higher the cost will be.
- The Number And Type Of Resources Being Used
The cost of cloud testing will depend on the number and type of devices & browsers + parallel runs, no. of users, in certain types of testing, Manual or Automation etc.
Cloud testing can be more cost-effective than traditional testing methods, allowing organizations to pay only for the resources they use and to scale up or down as needed.
However, it’s essential to carefully consider your testing project’s specific needs and requirements to determine the most cost-effective approach.
So, you need to consider what you want from the cloud testing tool rather than deciding based on its pricing!
Summing It Up
Cloud automation testing tools are essential to modern software development and testing. These tools allow the developers and testers to automate the testing process, saving time and reducing human error risk.
Many different cloud automation testing tools are available, each with unique features and capabilities. These tools allow users to automate the testing of mobile and web applications and perform functional and performance testing.
Thus, cloud automation testing tools are a valuable resource for developers and testers looking to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their testing processes.
CTO at TestGrid